Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Book Review : Haunted From Within by Ian C.P. Irvine




Synopsis : 

When Peter Nicolson, a reporter with the Edinburgh Evening News, is the 'lucky' recipient of a kidney transplant that saves his life, he is one of the first people in the world to be treated with the new genetic wonder drug 'SP-X4'. 

Yet as he recovers, his personality begins to change, and he discovers that he can see visions of unsolved killings committed by a murderer that no one has ever caught. Peter sets out to solve the murders, to track down the killer, and find out the truth behind his visions. 

As he uncovers a trail of death that stretches across the United Kingdom and Europe, the makers of 'SP-X4' watch his actions from afar, anxious that he will uncover the incredible truth behind their new drug treatment, and conspire to make sure he does not succeed in revealing it to the world. 



In Peter's vision, there are seven knives. So far, there have only been six murders. Can he solve the case before a seventh life is taken? If he can't, who will be last to die?


Review : 

This is the fourth book that I read from Mr Irvine. Really love it. I can gladly give this book 5 star ratings. It is really an amazing book. I read the omnibus edition that contain book one and book two.

The characters and the story are outstanding. But if I have to choose which one I like more, I will choose the characters. It doesn't mean the story and science is bad, vice versa it was very great. I just feel more attracted to the characters. The opening is strong. Never thought that I will see the bad guys first. Really take me by surprised. Can't believe that I will love the characterization of Maciek. Someone that you hate but grow into you. The reason why it grow into me because Maciek is not like your typical evil. He is a bad guy but he also "save" Peter. In a sense, he is Peter savior. And killing yourself after doing many bad evil certainly is a plus for me. 

Besides Maciek. I also like Peter, Dr. Jamieson, Mr Wallace, Sergant Angus, Big Weeb, and Nic . They are characters that also grow into you. You may think that it was quite unlikely but I love it. At first you feel sorry for them and then you feel proud of them. The story itself is quite unique. I mean haunted from within really deserved its name. And the epilogue is really sweet. I have soft spot for poetic justice ending type. I cannot stop reading it. Reading this story at midnight certainly make me loss my sleep time. But it worth it. At first I worry that twisted thing will happen, but fortunately that's not the case. So, you don't feel cheated. The story has steady pace. Anyway, cannot wait to read the sequel Haunted from without as soon as I can. Really recommend this story for people who like to read medical and science thriller 

Rating : 5 of 5


Regards, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment