Friday, November 11, 2016

Book Review : I Spy, I Saw Her Die by Ian CP Irvine

  
Synopsis :

In a race against time, it's Ray Luck against the world!
When Ray Luck - a top cyber security expert - accidentally stumbles upon a devastating secret while surfing the web, he knows immediately he is in way above his head and soon he is being hunted by both Mossad and the British Security Services.


Alone, desperate, with only three days to live, Ray is a man with not one, but several missions: to save the life of his girlfriend who has been kidnapped by the security services; to prevent a terrorist cyber attack destroying London; to save the Middle East peace process; and to bring one of the most powerful men in the world to justice for the savage killing of an apparently innocent woman, a murder certain powerful people in the British Government are determined to cover up at all costs.

Only Ray can stop them all.

But as the clock starts to tick, he discovers that nothing is as it seems. Who is the real enemy? And who can he trust? Unless he finds out soon, will Ray’s luck finally run out?

Review :

I can tell right now that Mr Irvine will be my next favorite author. Cannot believe that I haven't read his books until now. Usually I don't give someone 5 stars until they amaze me. But, this book certainly deserve 5 stars because I really really love it and it was great book.

The story was a little too unreal though. So you have to suspense your disbelieve when you read novel. That's why it called fiction. The story really grip you from the start until the end. It moves with constant speedy. It reminds you what makes good thriller. Good chars, good plots, and good ending. But if you insist what this story still lack, maybe it was not provoking and not suspenseful enough. I can understand that some people prefer provoking or suspenseful story. But for me personally, I prefer this way. Story is just story anyway. It should not make you feel too deeply or doing it in exaggerating way. I really recommend this book for people who want to read not too light and not too heavy thriller but engaging one. Anyway, cannot wait to read Mr. Irvine other book.

My ratings : 5 of 5
Regards,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment