Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Book Review : Big Data by Mr. Lucas Carlson



Synopsis : 

Luna Valencia is the founder of the hottest artificial intelligence startup in history. She’s about to become incredibly rich and powerful. But just when she’s about to take her company public, her world begins to fall apart.

On the day of her startup’s IPO, a stock exchange shooter plummets Luna into a downward spiral toward a threat more menacing than she ever imagined possible. Faced with losing her company, her entire world, Luna searches for answers to a series of terrifying accusations. Failing to uncover the truth could destroy her company… but success would get her killed.

Review : 


This is the second time I read book from Mr Carlson. And I really like his first one except the ending. But I can say that this is much better. It is much more polished except once again for the ending. Big Data is the sequel from Term Sheet with different main characters. 


Big Data is in anyway much more different than Term Sheet. The only similarity they had is main antagonist and it is technology thriller. I can see that Mr Carlson have improved much since Term Sheet. You can feel the smoothness and it flows naturally. The characters are also much better. The characterizations is "cleaner" (read mature) than Term Sheet. Maybe because they are adult instead of teenager. But I am glad that Mr Carlson also include Term Sheet main characters even just for cameo. Make me happy because Term Sheet ending is a little too sad for my liking.



The story itself is very great. I really like it. My problem is there's certain character that I feel unnecessary. I mean I don't really understand his purpose in the story. Nevertheless, I still like this character, if only his role was given more consideration. Once again I say that I have problem with the ending. Actually there's nothing wrong with the ending. Instead it was a happy one. My discontent is it was quite weak. I mean with strong story and strong characters, it was quite a disappointment to have weak ending. There's not enough closure. But personally that's just me based on my experience reading story in the same genre. Anyway, I like that Mr Carlson finished the bad guy this time after what he did in Term Sheet and now Big Data. It was really poetic justice. Overall, I really love this story. And I really really enjoy the story. Cannot wait to read Mr Carlson next book. 



My rating : 4.5 of 5



Regards, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment