Sunday, October 23, 2016

Book Review : The 9/11 Machine by Greg Enslen



Synopsis : 

Dr. Donald Ellis lost his family on 9/11. But while others grieved, or plotted revenge, Dr. Ellis threw himself into a long-dormant research project. He traded his lab at the University of New York for an ugly riverfront warehouse in Brooklyn. What is he working on? And why does he spend every free moment at the warehouse staring across the river at Ground Zero? Because Dr. Ellis has a plan. He’s going to make 9/11 “unhappen. 



Review : 

First when I saw this book, I already fall in love with it. I know from the tittle and synopsis, I am gonna get hooked with it. And Mr Enslen really deliver its promise. The main char is Dr Don Ellis. He is a scientist that lost his family in 9/11. He creates time machine and come back to the past to prevent 9/11. With the story like this and real name person, who doesn't curious what will happen if 9/11 never happen. Even though I am not American and not lose anyone because of 9/11, I still I want to know. 

At the beginning, the story move quite slowly. But it get interesting after he went into the past and meet another scientist. That's when the story really going. Even though it was very interesting, I still think it was quite long. But maybe too long is not a bad one for story like this if there's no too many narratives, unnecessary background, and too few dialogues. There's no antagonist and no conflict. Somehow you have a feeling that Dr Don Ellis will fail. I won't tell the ending but it was quite unpredictable, at least not for me. Unfortunately unlike the story, the characters are basically non existence. Even two or three people that keep recurring is just two dimensional. It feels like they are there just for the sake of being there. This is purely Dr Don Ellis story. 

Having said that, I still recommend this story for anyone that's looking for engaging and interesting story. I don't know how to classify the story but I guess it was combination between science fiction and mystery. 


My rating is 4 of 5 stars. 


Regards,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment